The Car Shoe is an Italian luxury fashion brand, most famous for its loafer shoes. The company was founded in 1963 by artisan Gianni Mostile. He had passions for both racing cars and hand-made shoes. His innovative shoe model with a deconstructed sole mounted on a small rubber stud earned a patent from the Italian Ministry of Industry and Trade. Later on, the stylist icon Gianni Agnelli (1921-2003), famous politician, US President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917-1963), and Roberto Rossellini (1906-1977) advocated the Car Shoe luxury brand. It is also known as The Original Car Shoe.
The Car Shoe is an Italian luxury fashion brand, most famous for its loafer shoes. The company was founded in 1963 by artisan Gianni Mostile.
Photo: Gianni Mostile (Founder of Car Shoe)
History of the Car Shoe Brand
- In 1963 Gianni Mostile, an Italian artisan started the car shoe brand from a passion for racing cars and hand-made shoes in a deconstructed loafer featuring a sole set on small rubber studs. This company started in the same year of starting the famous Lamborghini company.
- Earned a patent from the Italian Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Gianni Agnelli (1921-2003), the principal shareholder of Fiat and Italian industrialist, used the Car Shoe brand.
- US President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917-1963) also advocated the brand.
- Roberto Rossellini (1906-1977), the famous Italian film director, producer, and screenwriter, also advocated the brand.
- Besides the iconic moccasin loafers, the car shoe brand started manufacturing an extensive range of products.
- In 2001 the Prada Group took over the Car Shoe company.
- In 2001 the original logo of 1963 was reintroduced by the company.
- In 2004, it launched its first bag collections in the spring-summer.
- Under the control of Prada Group, the company gained tremendous sales growth. The company enjoyed a turnover of 17 million Euros ($21 million) in 2005, whereas in 2004 the turnover was 6 million Euros ($7.5 million). Therefore, it gained 180% growth in turnover.
- In 2008, it opened a flagship store in Milan, Italy.
- In May 2013, the Car Shoe company celebrated its 50th anniversary together with Lamborghini. Interestingly, the shoes are adorned with the Lamborghini logo on the insole.
- In 2017, on the occasion of the presentation of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifogio, the Car Shoe created a “capsule collection” inspired by the racing drivers’ shoes.
Why the Car Shoe brand is very famous?
The distinctive soles, comfortable design, and quality leather make the Car Shoes famous worldwide. The quality materials, shape, and precision of artisanal techniques are the added value to this famous brand. Car Shoe footwear articulates uniqueness with all its styles, constant attention to detail brings the brand-new style that blends a passion for sports and artisanal brilliance, suggesting evocative imagery halfway between leisure and travel.
Products of the Car Shoe
Although the Car Shoe brand is famous for loafer shoes, however, it has a wide range of sneakers, soft leather shoes, booties, ballerinas, driving shoes, sandals, suede, etc.
Stores of the Car Shoe
The Car Shoe has flagship stores in Milan and Marmi city of Italy. In addition to that, the company has a large number of sales outlets through Prada group and other distributor channels. The Car Shoe brand first appeared on the Amazon Luxury store in 2020.